Respects were paid to Michael Hayes ahead of each FAI Women's Senior Cup Quarter-Finals on Saturday following the passing of the long-time FAI administrator who did fantastic work on the domestic game.

Bohemians 1-3 Cork City
Cork transferred their superb current form in the Women's National League across to this competition as they got off to an early start against Bohemians and were never going to slow down.

Inside the opening 10 minutes, Saoirse Noonan raced through and looked certain to score by goalkeeper Courtney Maguire denied her. Unfortunately the ball fell to Lauren Egbuloniu and she slotted in.

Maguire was in inspired form as he denied Egbuloniu. but she could not prevent Ciara McNamara and Nathalie O'Brien from both scoring after Bohs struggled to clear the danger.

This was another impressive display by Cork, who have found a nice rhythm to their play with Egbuloniu, Noonan and Sophie Liston wreaking havoc in attacking areas.

Galway WFC 2-3 Wexford Youths
Cup holders Wexford booked their place in the final four of the competition but they needed a late goal from Lauren Kelly to make sure of it.

In what was a fiercely contested game in Eamonn Deacy Park, it was the hosts who opened the scoring when Meabh de Burca headed in from close range inside 20 minutes.

There was an element of luck attached to the equalising goal as Ciara Rossiter's cross somehow ended up in the back of the Galway net. And then Vanessa Ogbonna pounced to put them ahead just before the interval.

Jaime Turrentine brought the scores back level with a superb goal for Galway, but their hearts were broken when Kelly stayed cool on 85 minutes to fire in.

Peamount United 1-0 Shelbourne
After seven goals were scored when these teams met in the League last week, something was going to change with a place in the semi-finals at stake. In the end, just a single goal settled it.

The League's reigning top goalscorer, Eleanor Ryan-Doyle, supplied the important finish to separate the Dublin rivals with her first-half goal proving to be the difference.

Shelbourne made a fight of this and ensured that their free-scoring opponents did not have the run of things on their home patch. And Emily Whelan went close to levelling matters but keeper Naoisha McAloon was fully alert to the danger.

Peamount were able to see the game out and advance to the next round. They have only won this competition once in their history so a second triumph may be on their minds now - along with retaining the League title.

Treaty United 2-0 DLR Waves
In what was officially their first game in this competition as Treaty United, the Limerick side secured passage through to the semi-finals.

There wasn't much between the two teams in this tie and it took until past the hour mark before the first goal was scored. Gillian Keenan supplied the finish that was out of reach for DLR keeper Eve Badana.

Sharpshooter Aoife Horgan added a second goal as the clock ticked down and it was a reward for the persistence that Dave Rooney's team showed from the very first minute.

DLR were not short of effort and will feel frustrated that they could not find a way past keeper Maebh Ryan, who made a couple of big saves, but this game was all about who took their chances.