Peamount United 3-1 Galway WFC

Shamrock Rovers 2-2 DLR Waves

Wexford Youth Women’s AFC 1-0 Cork Women's FC

Castlebar Celtic FC P-P Raheny United


PEAMOUNT UNITED drew level with Raheny United at the top of the Bus Éireann Women’s National League this afternoon with a 3-1 win over Galway WFC in Greenogue.


Raheny were down to play Castlebar Celtic today, but poor weather conditions in Mayo on Saturday night forced officials to postpone the game to a further date. That leaves Raheny with a game in hand and a plus nine goal difference over their rivals Peamount as the league enters a four week break for the Christmas holidays.


It was Peamount who took the lead on home soil when Emily Cahill got on the end of a corner and forced the ball into the back of the net in the 30th minute.


The hosts took that lead into the half-time break and came out all guns blazing in the second half to double their lead through Aine O’Gorman. The sharpshooter chased down a through ball from Caroline Thorpe before placing the ball neatly between the posts.


Galway pulled one back with just over twenty minutes remaining through Sinead Taylor, but Peamount cancelled it out with a goal at the opposite end three minutes later. O’Gorman was the scorer yet again but it was Chloe Mustaki who received the bulk of the praise for her build-up play in the middle of the park.


The joint table-toppers comfortably saw out the final quarter of the game to secure the vital 3-1 victory.


Fourth placed Wexford Youths left Cork Women’s FC with nothing to cheer about at the bottom of the table over the festive season by inflicting a 1-0 win over them in Ferrycarrig Park.


Ciara Rossiter scored the only goal in an uneventful game with a 37th minute strike. The extremely windy conditions didn’t help matters on the east coast entertainment-wise, but the hosts won’t be too worried about how they earned the three points on this occasion.


Wexford had a flurry of chances after the interval but a stubborn Cork defence managed to keep the Youths at bay for the rest of the game.


DLR Waves moved to within three points of third placed Castlebar Celtic after earning a point against Shamrock Rovers at the AUL complex in Dublin.


The sides battled out a 2-2 draw having both been in front at some stage in the game, but a draw seemed to be the fair result.


Michelle Dunne scored the games’ opening goal in the 25th minute when she arrowed a cracking half-volley into the roof of the net.


Second from bottom Rovers pulled one back before the break thanks to Rose Maguire, and Megan Lynch put them 2-1 up shortly after the restart. Lynch rather cheekily took a quick free-kick which caught her opponents off guard and she watched it sail into the top corner.


However, DLR Waves fought back and a well struck Sylvia Gee free-kick on the edge of the box earned them a share in the spoils twelve minutes from the full-time whistle.

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to manage them, see our Privacy Policy.

I accept cookies from this site