Continental Tyres Women’s League Cup Semi-final

Peamount United 2-2 Galway WFC (Peamount win 4 – 3 on penalties)

Continental Tyres Women’s League Cup Quarter-final

Raheny United 8-0 Castlebar Celtic

PEAMOUNT United booked their place in this year’s Continental Tyres Women’s National League Cup Final with a tense penalty shoot-out victory over Galway WFC in today’s semi-final at Greenogue.

Linda Douglas put the Peas ahead after just two minutes in an entertaining first half when she right footed a looping effort over Christina Hughes in the Galway goal.

Brooke Dunne kept out Lisa Casserly’s attempted equaliser just three minutes later after Eleanor Stafford caused havoc in the Peas penalty area from Caroline Carter’s cross.

Galway levelled the game in the 37th minute when Peas were unable to deal with Meadbh De Burca’s corner and Keara Cormican’s drive found the net via a deflection.

Peamount’s Sinead Taylor haunted her former side in first half stoppage time as she dodged Galway’s offside trap to scoop home Sylvia Gee’s through ball.

The Tribeswoman got back on level terms with 20 minutes remaining as substitute Ella Rose O’Flaherty rifled home from close range as Peas were unable to handle De Burca’s corner.

Galway came closest to finding a winner in normal time as both Alana Moran and Lisa Casserly were unable to find a way past Brooke Dunne.

The visitors asked more questions of Peas in extra time with Linda Douglas producing a last ditch block to keep out Alanna Moran after Lynsey McKey’s through ball so the game went to spot-kicks.

Hosts Peamount prevailed in the shoot-out as both Meadbh De Burca and  Megan Kelleher failed to find the net from the spot for Galway before Hayley Nolan calmly slotted home the final penalty to book Peamount’s passage to their second Continental Tyres Women’s National League Cup Final.

Elsewhere, Raheny United set up a semi-final date with holders Wexford Youths after an 8-0 demolition of Castlebar Celtic in the Oscar Traynor Centre.

Katie McCabe got the league champions off the mark after just five minutes with Noelle Murray making it two nil 10 minutes later. The flood gates opened for the Dublin side in the second half as a Rebecca Creagh double and a Pearl Slattery strike made it 5-0 before the hour mark.

Siobhan Killeen grabbed her first League Cup goal of the season to make it six with Noelle Murray and Avril Brierley wrapping up the scoring as the Pandas advance to the last four.

New Media Contacts Database

Have you uploaded your contact details to the new FAI Centralised Media Contacts Database yet?

  • For the Individual Form please click here
  • For the Organisation Form please click here

If you have any queries please email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to manage them, see our Privacy Policy.

I accept cookies from this site