Wexford Youths WFC and Galway WFC played out an extraordinary 1-1 draw as the race for the Continental Tyres Women’s National goes down to the final game.
Wexford travelled to Galway knowing a win would seal back-to-back League titles, however Lynsey McKey gave Galway a 13th-minute lead - her fifth League goal of the season.
Ruth Fahy headed Emma Hansberry’s 59th-minute corner home to equalise for Wexford, while an injury to Edel Kennedy saw 16 minutes of added time in Eamonn Deacy Park.
Both sides had chances to take the three points, with Wexford captain Kylie Murphy slicing her last-minute one-on-one chance with Galway keeper Tina Hughes wide of the mark.
On Saturday evening, Shelbourne LFC claimed second place in the WNL with a 5-1 victory over a spirited Cork City WFC side in Morton Stadium.
Siobhan Killeen struck twice to bring her total goals in the League season to four. Megan Lynch found the net in between Killeen’s strikes to give Shels a 2-0 half-time lead.
Dearbhaile Beirne chipped produced a delight 51st-minute chip to make it 4-0 Shels. Tara O’Gorman landed her first goal of the season on 56 minutes for the visitors.
Leanne Kiernan sailed in a beautiful chip from the edge of the box with eight minutes remaining to make it 5-1.
The results mean that three points separate Wexford and Shelbourne who meet in this season’s final fixture at 7pm on Wednesday night in Tolka Park.
A draw will secure the Continental Tyres Women’s National League title for Wexford, while Shelbourne require a win to force a play-off game for the title.
Meanwhile, Peamount United finished their League campaign with a 5-2 victory over Kilkenny United and finish in fifth place with nine points.
Amber Barrett opened the scoring for Peas after 17 minutes, her sixth League goal of the season. Danielle Murray struck on 44 and 45 minutes to take a 3-0 half time lead.
Lisa Murphy pulled one back for Kilkenny two minutes into the second half with Lauren Kelly restoring Pea's three-goal lead three minutes later.
Laura Hallissey landed her first goal of the season for Kilkenny on 88 minutes with Sarah McKevitt wrapping up the scoring in the final minute for Peamount.
Galway WFC 1-1 Wexford Youths WFC
Shelbourne Ladies 5-1 Cork City WFC
Kilkenny United WFC 2-5 Peamount United