A stunning goal from Niamh Farrelly was as spectacular as a low fly-past from the famous Red Arrows over Greenogue as Peamount United advanced to the final of the Continental Tyres WNL League Cup.

Amber Barrett and Aine O’Gorman added further strikes in the second half to see off UCD Waves in their semi-final at Newcastle.

Having lost last year’s decider on penalties to Shelbourne, James O’Callaghan’s Peas now go through to meet rivals Wexford Youths in the 2018 final.

Amid the booming sound from jets taking off from nearby Baldonnel Aerodrome heading to the Bray Airshow, in-form Peamount tore into Waves straight from the kick-off with Heather Payne blazing over the crossbar from a Barrett cross just 20 seconds in.

Two minutes later, Peas were in front. O’Gorman whipped over a cross from the right flank for Farrelly to send a cracking first time, right-foot volley to the back of the net for a real quality strike.

Waves settled to enjoy good possession midway through the half, though without troubling Naoisha McAloon in the Peas goal.

The clever running of Barrett was always a threat to the visitors at the other end. And Peas leading scorer raced onto O’Gorman’s through ball on 27 minutes to bring a save from Erica Turner, who stood up well to force the shot out for a corner.

Waves were close to an equaliser eight minutes into the second half, Rachel Doyle’s angled drive well dealt with by McAloon at her left-hand post.

Peamount remained the dominant force in the game, though, and a goalkeeping howler gifted them their second goal on 65 minutes.

Turner made a hash of an attempted clearance, playing it straight to Barrett, who walked the ball into the unguarded net for a soft goal.

Turner redeemed herself shortly afterwards with a couple of stops from O’Gorman, the second a fine tip over save.

The woodwork rescued Waves on 74 minutes as Barrett’s header came back off the crossbar following clever work from substitute Megan Smyth Lynch who put over a super cross with her weaker right foot.

Barrett then did well to cross from the right for O’Gorman to tap home Peamount’s third goal on 82 minutes.

Turner deprived Barrett of her second goal of the game two minutes from time when touching the Peas’ ace’s chip over the bar.

Peamount United: McAloon; O’Callaghan, Barnes (Walsh, 72), Moloney, Kealy; McKevitt (Smyth Lynch, 56), Duggan (McCartan, 85), Farrelly, Payne; O’Gorman, Barrett.

UCD Waves: Turner; Dunbar, Byrne, Spillane, McEntee; Doyle (Hackett, 69), O’Donohgue (McGovern, h-t), Gaynor, Beirne; Healy, Payne (Morrissey, 69).

Referee: Paula Brady (Dublin).